Saturday 15 August 2009

MSF

I just seen this 'advert' on Manchester Photography, very gripping footage but I dont know if I agree with what MSF is trying to achieve with this approach, especially since it is being used as a cinema advertisement for the charity.
Its understandable that they are going for the shock factor but I think the creators or 'visionaries' for this clip are far connected from the people out in Africa conducting the aid work, True that things like this happen but this is not the only work that MSF conducts and not all of Africa is like this? Its confusing what they are trying to say and I think the creators didnt really think it through properly, If the boys family hadn't have been destroyed would the doctor still help him? is the audio real? are we seeing the scene first hand? many questions on a tough subject. Im not sure what my opinion is at this moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment